Make a fondant peppermint cake board
Full peppermint cake board Instructions Below the Video!
- I always start by hot gluing 3 cake boards together. These are 12″ cake boards that I’m using.
- Color your fondant, and roll it out to about 1/8 inch thick.
- I used a piece of parchment paper that I folded until I got the number of stripes I wanted. This is your template.
- Lay the parchment paper template on the top of your rolled fondant and use a ruler to mark your lines. These don’t have to be perfect. Do this on all of your colors.
- I use a sharp razor blade and cut where I made the impressions with my ruler. If you’re doing 2 colors, you’ll end up with enough stripes to make 2 cake boards.
- Spread a very thin coat of shortening onto your cake board. This will act as your glue.
- Lay your first stripe down and curve it towards the middle. You can lay these straight or make them as curvy as you’d like!
- Follow the 1st stripe and alternate your colors all the way around your board.
- I like to roll my rolling pin across the top when I’m done just to make sure it’s even and secure.
- Carefully trim any over-hang with your razor.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees F.
- Place your board in your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the counter for at least an hour.
- It will harden and be much more durable!
- Using a coordinating ribbon, hot glue it around your board to finish it up!
- Add a pretty cake and impress all your guests!